FlexRAID made easy - Using the WebUI
This tutorial is meant to get you up and running quickly using FlexRAID and the WebUI.
After going through this tutorial, you might want to view the old video tutorial on the WebUI: http://download.openegg.org/static/vid/FlexRAID%20Web%20UI/FlexRAID%20Web%20UI.html
You can find more screenshots of the WebUI here too: http://www.openegg.org/forums/posts/list/10.page
1. Extract the WebUI to a directory.
2. Optionally, you can create shortcuts of the "start" and "stop" command files you see at the root of the WebUI folder.
3. Execute the "start" command file to start the WebUI. Wait 30 seconds and then point your browser to: http://localhost:8080/ or http://<your computer name>:8080/
4. Login (username=admin / password=admin)
5. The WebUI can be used to manage an unlimited number of FlexRAID hosts. To manage a host, you first need to add it to the WebUI.
6. You can add a host using its IP or its computer name.
If the FlexRAID host is running on the same computer as the WebUI, you can enter: localhost or 127.0.0.1 to manage the local computer.
7. The file explorer panel and the configuration panel
8. A host can have multiple RAID configurations. Click on the icon with the plus sign to add a new RAID configuration.
9. The configuration panel
10. Setup your Units of Risk (UoRs)
11. Dragging and dropping elements. First beam the element from the explorer panel to the configuration panel...
12. Drag the element to its final destination.
13. Initialize your RAID by running the "create" task
14. You are now done creating your first RAID with FlexRAID using the WebUI.
This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 18/06/2011 23:31:09